Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Little Star Wars

I've steered clear of drawing Star Wars for awhile - it just seems like everyone has done it. But I was sitting drawing with my son, and he had his Star Wars books open, so...

I'm still refining what will become "my" drawing style. It has been a great help to draw other people's characters (rather than my own original designs) as it helps to focus me on how I would construct them. I still start by always looking for that big, overall shape. I guess that's what made me do Grand Moff Tarkin -





I look forward to finishing some of these and adding color, when I can find some more time...





1 comment:

  1. Dude! You have a great style! I was wondering if you ever have done a Darth Vader? I am creating a tribute book to George Lucas called "100 Ways to the Darkside" where I am having 100 hand picked artist create Darth Vader. I would love one for the book in your style. Please let me know if your interested!

    Thanks a million

    - Josh

    ReplyDelete